Thursday, May 01, 2008

On dues

My coworkers are easily among the most patient people alive, because I am an incredibly difficult person to work with. This is not because I am myself difficult, stubborn, stupid, or incompetent...but because more often than not I am WAY too chipper for any given work day, enjoy singing completely random songs while I work (today's selection, "Poor Unfortunate Souls" brought to you by Walt Disney's "The Little Mermaid"!), am a nosy git and have a habit of looking over people's shoulders when they work. They also suffer the brunt of my angst whenever I'm in the throes of yet another crush on yet another cute, delightful, marvelous, and utterly uninterested boy. I love my coworkers (except when Jess is in a mood, which she's occasionally in. She's delightful when she's had enough sleep and isn't being stressed by a hundred batty old rich women.)

Although I am surprised one of them hasn't just stood up and bitch-slapped me at some point in the past. After being on the receiving end of endless questions from the coworker I mentioned in an earlier post about why, exactly, she shouldn't date this divorcing man, I've gotten a certain appreciation for how annoying an infatuated person can be. I blame it on my sparkling personality and charming demeanor. How could you possibly hit somebody as eloquent and as pleasant as me?

Changing topics, I'm going home to Virginia to help Mom move from her temporary apartment into a new house. I've been meaning to talk with her about certain things that have been occurring in my life, so I expect that by the end of the weekend we will have either grown closer to each other emotionally or be attacking each other with sharp objects and nuclear devices. Maybe both!

No comments: