Friday, May 09, 2008

On springing eternal, as always

Psst...can I tell you a secret, oh online blog? And it will be a secret, because nobody knows about you. None of my friends are aware that you exist. Only the faceless crowds who browse the community might stumble across you, and I don't care if they know. Will you be my hole in the ground? Will you hear my little secret?

I like a boy. He's sweet, adorable, witty, and hilarious. We've only gone on one date, but I like him. I like him a lot.

Keep this to yourself. Let milkweeds and bluegrass and stalks of fennel grow over the earth with which I bury this secret. Let them whisper it into the winds, if they like, and let that wind carry it like dandelion fluff around the world. I don't mind, because by then, I'll have either let him know just how much I like him, hoping he feels the same way, or I'll have once again found myself in the position of the fool.

And I'm okay with that.

No comments: