Monday, February 18, 2008

On change

So, Luis and I have decided to be just friends, for now. And...although I'm a bit saddened, I am rather surprised to find that I'm hardly devastated or heartbroken over it. I'm disinclined to overanalyze my own reaction too much in this, excepting possibly that if I can take it so calmly, maybe it wasn't mean to be after all. My voice of insecurity is, of course, trying to come up with all sorts of reasons why it might have happened this way, but I'm happily and quite stolidly ignoring it. In the end, I'm okay with where we are.

That said, however, I'm wobbling between vaguely desirous and utterly disdainful of rejoining the dating pool. I don't particularly feel like trying to start up another relationship anytime soon...or even dating anyone casually, for that matter. Maybe I'll feel differently in a few months. Or if the right guy happens to suddenly show up, I suppose.

In other news...there actually isn't much in the way of other news. Still working on bloody Homecoming, Part 2, and the story is sounding sillier and sillier in my head the more I review it.

No comments: