Friday, October 27, 2006

On working too much

Well, no...not really TOO much. I'm rather enjoying being a light techie/stage manager and I get to watch the show every time it's on. 12-hour workdays are kind of a pain - particularly when you consider that I spend roughly another 2 hours commuting to and from work every day, which leaves about 2 hours left over to do things. If I got Mondays off, though (which I currently don't), I think I could definitely run lights and semi-stage manage for a few months. I feel all nifty going backstage and calling out places and so forth. It's also really quite an experience watching Broadway actors do their jobs every night. Damn, but these guys sound good. I also find it heartening to know how often lines get flubbed even by professional actors.

Unfortunately, long days also leave me tired and sleepy and unable to formulate proper coherent thought to share with the world.

No comments: